Wednesday 31 October 2012

Fact or belief?



We all believe in different things, it is these beliefs that shape the way we view or see things in our daily lives.  Just because my grandparents believed in one thing and their grandparents in the same thing, that does not mean I should believe those things, I always ask why? What will happen if I did that?

The question that we should or rather I should be asking is whether these beliefs are true or they are just something that just don’t exists. My grand mother always said you cannot sweep at night, if you are not allowed to take the dirt outside. My question was always what will happen? Why I am not allowed to do that? The answer would always be “you just do as you are told and stop asking many questions”

I must say there are some things that I believe in even though I know they are just superstitions, I believe in them because that’s what my elders believe in and that’s what they say its what they always believe in and its what I should believe in like. When I spill sugar (I should prepare something for the ancestors: Mandisile) or when I brake a mirror (Its bad luck or something).

Fact is these could either be fact or just a belief but they are there for someone to belief in and for someone to obey.


 Image sourced:
www.zazzle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment