Tuesday 20 March 2012

My hero

Being raised as an only child and being told to respect and be content with whatever little thing I have. I have grown into this women who is able to use her own initiative and think for herself and make up her own mind. Many would ask how I chose my hero, with a little laugh i would say "well a person that i consider to my hero is a selfless person, and who is able to inspire other and wants to see a good change" Mouthful i know, the next question is who is your hero. Without a blink Nelson Mandela

He is loved and known by the whole world, children know his name at just seeing his pictures there is no doubt that he is indeed hero.He came from nothing and made a name for himself of course some would not agree with me on this one. He was part of the liberation and he believed in the struggle but did not resort to violence, again some would not  agree.

Along his friend O.R Tambo they opened the first black law firm, now what's there not to admire against the odds he was determined to make somethig of himself and through that he succecced. Our communities and sorrounding shape the way we see things and the way we relate to things, Nelson is loved ny many people community, could this have influenced the choice i made in choosing my hero?. Be that as it may he still my hero, along side Desmond Tutu, Goven Mbeki,  and others.

When he walked out of prison in his speech he said "Never, never, and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will this land experience oppression of one by another..."  These are the words that inspire me and they remind me why we should always embrace one another and treat each other with dignity and respect we all need and deserve.

Pictures sourced:

2 comments:

  1. 100% in agreement. And I think there are thousands more who would agree.

    ReplyDelete