Thursday 23 February 2012

If I were the boss

A  thought that crosses everybody's mind. I can think of many things that people would do if they were to become bosses myself included:



  • "Call me madam
  • Make me coffee
  • Make everyone's life a nightmare
  • Make everyone do all the work and take credit for all the work"
For some of us these are the things that were done to us when we started to work. I know I would do so many things starting from giving everyone so mush work, it could last them a lifetime. On the other side I wouldn't want to be a bad boss, I would like to the kind of boss that I never had.
I would be:
  • Available
  • Hands on
  • Give credit where its due
  • Put my employees first
  • Supportive
  • Throw tantrums every now and then
So many times I hear people say that if they would become boss they would fire most of the people in the company and be the kind of boss that will be not approachable, and make most people lives a living hell, just because their boss has made their lives unbearable. But is that right? Is it right to punish people for the things that were done to by your previous bosses? When employees are unhappy it is a given that the productivity won't be satisfactory because employees are not happy. Eventually you will be left with no employees to shove around, and you will not have anyone you can take out your stress on because people  just don't want to work at an unpleasant workplace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment